POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Making Repeatable Textures : Making Repeatable Textures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Making Repeatable Textures
From: Chris Becker
Date: 14 Jun 2002 01:11:31
Message: <3d097b03@news.povray.org>
I'm currently making a 3D engine and I want to use some of the features of
POV-Ray to make textures. I already have some great results by using NKFlare
for sparkles and such. However, I want to make repeatable textures for the
walls and ground.

How can this be done in POV-Ray?

Now, I know I can setup two mirror planes that cross and then we have a
repeatable textures that looks like it was made with mirrors. But there are
textures that look like dirt but are repeatable and the lines inbetween are
not visible.

Can this be done in POV-Ray? I imagine so but I need a nudge in the right
direction.

Thanks in advance!